Saturday, August 29, 2009

On the road again

I'm back in Australia safe and sound and happy to be home despite still having strong wanderlust. My bike survived the two flights home, thanks to the meticulous packing by Walnut Creek Robert and beautiful box decorating by Jennifer, Irby and Victoria.

When I discovered last month that I couldn't extend my stay in north America, I decided that if work was still quiet (it is), I'd extend my adventurings on my own home turf by cycling in an area I'd always meant to - northern New South Wales. This coincided perfectly with Uwe's arrival. A German cyclist, who I met briefly at the hostel near Jasper, Uwe wanted to cycle from Brisbane to Sydney on his brief visit to Australia. What better excuse than to play local guide to an equally fit cycle tourer ...and he might provide some diversion for the territorial, nesting magpies along the road!

I've got just over a week before I want to be home in Brisbane and hope to reach beloved Bellingen, near Coffs Harbour before I have to turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment